Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blog Assignment 5: Beginning the Job Search


1)RN / LPN / LVN Nurses - ( Part Time ) - Flu Shot Clinics

2) Registered Nurse (RN)

3) Staff RN

4) Psych/Behavioral Registered Nurse - Home Health

All of the jobs had required qualifications, for example, you must have a diploma, A.S. degree or B.S. degree in nursing. You must be a RN, LPN or LVN nurses with current, valid state licensure. All nurses must possess email and internet access. Nurses must possess valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle. In the nursing profession you must possess excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism and organizational skills. Another important skill that nurses must possess is the ability to set priorities and work independently. You must be able to complete accurate patient documentation and consent form completion paperwork. For a good position, immunization experience is a plus. A good health screening experience is a plus. Many nurses have Spanish speaking ability which is also a plus. All four jobs require a background screening.

Skills to be eligible for health screening clinic shifts are that you must provide appropriate documentation for states requiring phlebotomy certification. Experience performing finger sticks is a plus and basic knowledge of common health screening equipment is a plus.  Physical Environment Qualifications are Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties. Assisting with completion of patient consent forms required. Setting up a table or small stand and signage kit is required. Nurses must have the ability to use personal transportation to travel to patient homes

                I am interested in becoming a registered nurse. I would like to apply for one of the four positions: RN / LPN / LVN Nurses - (Part Time) - Flu Shot Clinics, Registered Nurse (RN), Staff RN, or Psych/Behavioral Registered Nurse - Home Health. I have email and internet access in order to be qualified for the position.  I possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle. Also, I possess excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism and organizational skills. I have worked in customer service and the assistant position for 5 years so, I definitely possess ability to set priorities and work independently. I love working with people and I can provide that nurturing support that a customer may need. The job that I would most like to apply for would be the RN / LPN / LVN Nurses - (Part Time) - Flu Shot Clinics. This would be a small environment and I would be able to provide care for my customer one on one.  On my resume and cover letter I would include details about my previous job experience associate with the job I am applying for. I would include that I have my phlebotomy license which should be a plus, since the job is for a flu clinic.

                I would like to become a Registered Nurse, so I would choose either the Registered Nurse position or the Staff Nurse positions. In both positions, I have to be able to work in the NICU, emergency room, or ICU. I would have to provide emotional support for people of all ages.  In order to maximize my chances of getting the position, I would have to include several important factors on my resume and cover letter. In regards to my resume, I would have to be really specific as to which job I will be applying for. I will provide a brief summary of career plans and specializations. I would provide all of my degrees, license, and certifications associated with my nursing career.  I would include previous jobs associated with my nursing positions. I would even add my stress levels while performing job duties or how I have overcome stressful events. I would like to become a nurse because of the satisfaction that I get from helping others.  I am sure that I will enjoy the great pay and benefits that come from being a nurse. There are several positions that I can be promoted to or become as a registered nurse. I will also have the ability to travel and see new places and people. I understand that some hospitals will require that I work 10-24 hour shifts, but the positive outcome is that you are able to be off for weeks at a time. I will be more aware of my health while being a nurse. Nursing is a great career that provides flexibility. This job is in high demand so it will be easy to obtain a job in any type of setting. Nursing will be a great career for me.
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?ipath=EXIND&siteid=cbindeed&Job_DID=J8A3GS6NJ9J706D4XD2
 http://www.selectmedicalcorp.com/careers/Details.aspx?id=1163&&sn=Indeed&?mode=apply&iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed
 http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=QHKCVGV0C&ff=21&APath=2.21.21.0.0&job_did=J3I0296NK89M5JTH31R

No comments:

Post a Comment